He is a qualified accountant and independent consultant specialising in public sector governance and risk management.
Before consultancy, Brian had a long career in the public sector in Scotland, during which he has led a number of transformational change programmes, including being the founding Chief Executive of APUC Ltd, the procurement Centre of Expertise for Scotland’s universities and colleges.
Brian has held a number of non-executive director roles in the public and voluntary sectors. He is currently on the Board of the Scottish Legal Aid Board.
- Audit and Risk Assurance Committee (Chair)
- Change Committee
- Integrated Governance Forum
Register of interests
Information on the exact nature of the requirement under each category can be found in the Code of Conduct for Board Members of the Scottish Fire and Rescue Service.
- Managing Director, Caledonia Consultancy and Training
- Associate Director, On Board Training and Consultancy Ltd
- Board Member, Scottish Legal Aid Board
- Board Member, Scottish Rail Holdings Ltd
Houses, Land and Buildings
Shares and Securities